Entering this years Junior Design Awards? Then here are some handy tips directly from our Editor
The Junior Design Awards 2018 are OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
The Junior Design Awards #JDA18 are a unique opportunity to win a luxury award that is - and will continue to be - the most esteemed accolade in the family lifestyle award arena, recognised by brands, clients and consumers alike.
Winners are handpicked by the Junior editorial team and a host of highly respected judges (more on this soon) across our judging days held in June and July before all the winners are announced in August.
Whether you've entered before or this will be your first time we thought it would be useful to give you some INSIDER TIPS on how to make your entry meet the criteria set and to help you really stand-out.
These tips our from our Editor Bonita based on last years entries and are meant to be helpful for making your entry 'shine'.
** PLEASE KINDLY TAKE NOTE: You will in no way be marked down if you don't do all or any of these steps they are for guidance only.
1. Visit the dedicated Junior Design Awards 2018 site to enter. Here you will find a Q&A page, information about the categories and our contact information.
2. Be sure to read through all the categories - as we have 65 to ensure you are entering the award that reflects your brand, product or label - and is also an award you would want to win. If you need help with deciding what category best suits your brand please do contact us. You can contact us via email at email@example.com or via our dedicated Twitter profile @JuniorAwards18
3. Set aside a little time to enter. You will need to fill in the online form and upload images. This counts as the first round of judging (shortlisting) and it's important you say and show what you want the Junior Editorial team to judge you on.
4. Be clear and concise with your wording when entering. You have 100 words to describe your entry and 300 words to tells why you should win. Try not to repeat this copy as this is your chance to really shout about your brand or product.
5. You can upload 5 images for judging - be sure these represent your brand or product in the best light. They can be lifestyle images, product shots, cut-outs or documents.
6. Remember to label each of your images with your brand name and product name as when it comes to judging we use these images and we don't want to get any of them mixed up.
7. You can also add in a link or video to enhance your entry.
8. You will be emailed directly if you are shortlisted and this is when we will ask for a physical product to be sent in.
9. When sending in your products please ensure your entry form is attached to the package, placed inside or marked clearly. If you are shortlisted we will give you more detailed info on sending in your entry.
10. If you have entered a fashion, interior or lifestyle category and will be sending in multiple items please ensure each item is clearly labeled if the brand label/logo is not obvious. This can be a sticker, a luggage label or tag.
11. Remember if you are entering as a brand, then what you send in should represent the brand in the best light. (Examples: if you are a baby skincare brand - sending in the full collection will look better on the judging day rather than just one product on show or, if you're a fashion brand - submitting the required number of pieces from a collection that show the style of the brand will always be more appealing than random items that do not look like they are from the same range.)
12. Presentation is key. Last year we had a few brands that sent items packaged as though they were being sent to the customer - with a real luxury touch. Some came in a beautiful box, with tissue and ribbon wrapping, on wooden hangers or brand hangers, with handwritten swing labels, with little booklets or catalogues. This isn't a requirement to entry but does give a sense of who the brand is - and, are more often than not showcased on the judging day to ensure you stand out.
13. For some of the external, expert and profile judges, this may be the first time they have ever encountered your product - so its needs to be clear about what is and who you are. This is your chance to get into the hands of influencers and even new suppliers, buyers and customers.
14. We want these awards to be successful for both of us - please if you need to speak to us, then DO! We are humans at the end of a phone, email, tweet or DM.
15. SHOUT ABOUT YOUR BRAND - big or small we want to know why its so great.
For information on how to enter the Junior Design Awards go HERE
For FAQs go HERE
For a list of the updated 65 categories go HERE