Our fashion columnist, designer and mum of one, Olivia, rounds up her favourite places to search for nursery furniture inspiration
1 - Boori
1 - Boori (above)
At number one had to be the brand I initially went for with my first daughter, Boori. What edged me towards this brand was the spaciousness of their cot beds and the vast range of matching furniture they offer. I wanted longevity in the cot I was going to buy and most, if not all of their cots convert into cot beds so you know they are going to get used for at least 3-4 years. They are durable and long lasting: I have been super happy with mine since I bought it.
Shop Boori, online
2 - Silver Cross Notting Hill range
2 - Silver Cross (above)
From classic to contemporary Silver Cross has a variety of styles to cater to all nursery styles. Whether you want to opt for a more traditional set or prefer a modern twist Silver Cross has options for all your design needs. I recommend the new ‘Notting Hill’ range that is designed with clean lines and a high gloss finish to cater to a modern look. Before investing you can also order your free wood samples to make sure it is the right colour for your nursery.
Shop Silver Cross, online
Did you know, Silver Cross was a winner in the Junior Design Awards 2015?
3 - Dragons of Walton Street, Beatrix Potter set
3 - Dragons of Walton Street (above)
For cream of the crop of nursery sets head to Dragons of Walton Street (now also housed in Harrods). Its nursery sets are truly bespoke-each piece is hand painted to a specific theme of your choice from ‘Barbara’s bunnies’ to 'Beatrix Potter’ and ‘Timeless Toys'. The result is exquisite and is not limited to your average furniture set; you can include bespoke tissue boxes, bins, photo frames etc to complete a fully individual set.
Shop Dragons of Walton Street, online
4 - IKEA (above)
From top of the range, to baby on a budget, you can pick up a cot at IKEA from £50. I would definitely advise to take inspiration from their online nursery galleries. They show how to stylishly put together your nursery with their range of furniture in a variety of different themes from neutral, to Scandi, to colour coordinated, complete with click to buy smaller items such as artwork and toys.
Shop IKEA, online
5 - LIL GAEA
5 - LIL GAEA (above)
I like to bring some up and coming brand onto the radar and Lil Gaea is a new innovative make whose cots really caught my eye. The Collection range of 'Heroes' are inspired by the simplicity of a cardboard box and the possibilities of what a child can turn it into in his imaginative world. These are pieces with a really creative spin to them. My favourites include the Fox E cot and the Macaroon stools.
Shop Lil Gaea, online
Did you know, Lil Gaea was Shortlisted in the Junior Design Awards 2015?
Read more family interiors articles...
- Super-stylish new baby and children's lifestyle accessories to shop for in 2016 From nursery bedding to toys, change bags to junior beds, we showcase the most beautiful baby and toddler gear coming online this year
- 10 of the best new baby buggies and accessories for 2016 Our pick of the very best stroller and pushchair designs the new season has to offer
- 10 of the best highchair designs for family mealtimes with your baby, little weaner and toddler Keep your child safe and comfortable with our round-up of the latest, most stylish highchairs designed to make eating together easy
- 10 of the best stylish buys for newborn babies Looking for the perfect gift? Design expert, and Junior columnist, Ellie Tennant has sourced beautiful buys for both baby and mama
- 10 of the best designer children's fashion and lifestyle boutiques in London, by Olivia Rubin For the finest in fashion, interiors and lifestyle products for children, our fashion columnist, designer and mum, Olivia, rounds up her favourite London places to shop